LUANG PRABANG – XIENG KHUANG – VIENTAINE
Destination: LUANG PRABANG – XIENG KHUANG – VIENTAINE
Duration: 8DAYS 7NIGHTS
Rate Per Person: USD
LUANG PRABANG – XIENG KHUANG – VIENTAINE
DAY1: Arrival Luang Prabang
Upon arrival Luang Prabang airport then you will be met and transfer to hotel for check in and free at leisure. Overnight at Luang Prabang
DAY2: Luang Prabang – Fullday city Tour (Meal: B)
Your full day city tour begins after breakfast, with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. We then enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. Today, we also visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham. Following lunch, we visit the Arts and Ethnology Centre to learn about Laos’ many ethnic cultures before we head out of town to see the weaving villages of Ban Xiengkhong and Ban Xienglek. We then return to the city for a visit to Wat Mai. We then climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. The tour ends after a visit to the famous Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textiles made by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Note: the Royal Palace Museum is closed on Tuesdays. Overnight at Luang Prabang
DAY3: Luang Prabang _ Pak Ou Caves – Khuangsi Water fall (Meal: B)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession
After breakfast, we then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a panaromic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the small village of Ban Xanghai, where the local rice wine is distilled. We return to Luang Prabang in the afternoon and we continue our excursion toward Khouangsi Waterfall, en route, we visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, Hmong Village, Ban Ou, Laoloum Village and Ban Thapene, Khmu Village, then drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest trails. The Khouangsi Waterfall setting really illustrates paradise. We return to Luang Prabang by late afternoon and continue to Ban Xangkhong, a village well known for silk hand weaving and for traditional Saa Paper making. We return to the city by late evening to observe the sunset at Wat Siphouthabath. Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY4 : Luang Prabang – Xieng Khuang (Plain of jars) (Meal: B)
Today, we drive 306km uphill a mountain surrounded by wonderful natural scenery to Xiengkhouang, which was devastated by American bombing between 1964 and 1973. Upon arrival, we transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are scattered all over the plateau. If time permits, we see the old capital of Muang Khoun and the nearby villages, home to the Hmong hill tribe people. They have an interesting local culture and a colorful history. Overnight in Xieng Khuang
DAY5: Xieng Khuang – Muang Kham District (Meal: B)
After breakfast, we visit the Central Market of Phonsavanh and then drive 50 kilometres to Muang Kham. En route we visit the tribal villages of Hmong, Tai Dam and Khmu… and the hot springs and Tham Piew cave - a historical shrine where hundreds of local people hid during the bombings of the Indo-china War. We explore the local market at Muangkham and visit local villages before returning to Phonsavanh by the late afternoon. Overnight in Xieng Khuang
DAY6: Xieng Khuang – Vientiane via Vang Vieng (Meal: B)
Today, we leave Xieng Khouang for our scenic drive to Vientiane via Vang Vieng, a small and tranquil town, which is nestled on a bend of the Nam Song River. Its stunning scenery with a mixture of quiet water and limestone outcrops remains unspoiled, despite recent developments with the advent of tourism. Depending on road and traffic conditions, we will visit Tham Jan Cave in Vang Vieng before we continue to Vientiane and arrived in Vientiane by late afternoon. Overnight in Vientiane
DAY7: Vientiane – Full day city tour (Meal: B)
After breakfast, we see the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. In the afternoon we transfer out to see the Buddha Park, a scattered enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the Mekong Riverside meadow, close to the Friendship Bridge. There are approximately 200 religious images dating back over 500 years, which were created by a mysterious monk spreading his philosophy on life and revealing his ideas about the universe. A spectacular view of over the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day. Overnight at the hotel in Vientiane
DAY8: Vientiane Departure (Meal: B)
After breakfast, we visit the Morning Market and the hand weaving village of Ban Nong Bouathong (if time permits). The tour ends after your transfer to airport for departure.
- Accommodation for 07 Nights with daily Breakfast (Twin Shared Room)
- Local English Speaking Tour Guide
- Transportation A/C Vehicle for Tour & all airport transfers as dedicated
- Boat trip as stated in above sights
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Gov’t tax and service charge & Luggage handling
- Cool mineral water and fresh tissues during the tour
- Visa stamping fee on arrival US$30.00/pax
- Int’l airport departure tax US$10.00/pax
- Domestic airport tax US$ 1.00/pax
- All airfares and airport taxes
- Visa & visa arrangements
- Travel Insurance, Optional Tours & Personal expenses
- Hotel early check-in / late check-out
- All programs are NOT prepared in the Itinerary
- Laundry, Shopping, Tips & gratuities…etc
- Meal: Lunch and Dinner & drinks not mentioned
All reservation must be booked through "Angkor Charming Travel". The reconfirmation must be sent to us by E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
All reservation will be confirmed by our return E-mail. In case immediate reconfirmation is not possible, we will inform the booking status.
- All our rates are quoted in US Dollars. The price is subject to change without prior notices, so please check with us again to get special rate for Promotion upon your request. (All payment by Credit card, will added 2% extra for the bank charge).
- Tour Package based on Twin Sharing Room, so it will cost extra for client who want to stay in Single Room (Single Supplement).
- We arrange English Speaking Tour Guides according to your request, if you requested as: Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, Vietnamese, Italian, German Speaking Guide, we will charge extra because the rates of these tour guides are higher than English or Chinese Speaking Guide.
- Children 12 years old are considered as the adult so the rate for of children 12 years old or more is the same rate as the adult.
CHILDREN: For children from 03 to 11 years old, the following policy about the rate as below:
- Child in Extra Bed or Twin Sharing, we offer 15% discount
- Child with NO BED (sharing bed with parents), we offer 30% discount
- For infants less than 03 years old sharing beds with parents: no extra bed, no Entrance fee, no Meals, no flight tickets, and all services free, we offer free of charge.
The hotels, tour guide and transportation are very strict about cancellation policy; they always charge us for penalty if we cancel them late after our reconfirmation. So for any cancellation of confirmed arrangements, a cancellation fee will be charged as below:
FIT clients (From 01Pax to 09Pax):
- Cancellation 31 days’ prior arrival will be no charge
- Cancellation 30 to 15 days’ prior arrival 25% charge
- Cancellation 14 to 10 days’ prior arrival 35% charge
- Cancellation 09 to 06 days’ prior arrival 60% charge
- Cancellation less than 06 days’ prior arrival or no show will be 100% charge
GIT clients (From 10Pax or more):
- Cancellation 45 days’ prior arrival will be NO charge
- Cancellation 44 to 30 days’ prior arrival 20% charge
- Cancellation 29 to 15 days’ prior arrival 30% charge
- Cancellation 14 to 08 days’ prior arrival 60% charge
- Cancellation less than 08 days’ prior arrival or no show will be 100% charge
There will be additional charges for amendment according to the policy of the hotel, airline, tour guide and transportation; we will inform you after your amendment.
PEAK SEASON SUPPLEMENTS:
NOTE: The rate of some hotels in Cambodia is higher in the Peak Tourists’ season from 24th December till 05th January and it will also cost extra for compulsory Gala Dinners on Christmas and New Year's Eve. These extra charges will be added to our contract rate to you when your booking is confirmed.
"Angkor Charming Travel” acts only as an agent for hotels, tour guide, and transportation companies. We would recommend you to buy travel insurance by yourself. We are NOT responsible as below:
- We are not responsible for any loss, injury or damages sustained by passengers and customers.
- We are not responsible additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural and other disasters, political actions, unrests, change of schedules or other irregularities arising from circumstances beyond its control. These must be borne by passengers and customers.
We will require 30% of prepayment upon reconfirmation. The deposit must be sent to bank account of Angkor Charming Travel (all sending fee will be made by your own side). The balance of payment must be paid at least 15days prior arrival in USD cash, if you pay by Credit Card, it will be 2% extra for than bank charge. (You also can send us through "WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER") if the amount less than 500 US$. When you send us by Western Union Money Transfer, you need to check with us again about address and telephone. Then we need the reference number from you so that we can get money from the local bank.